Two courses in one!!
Learn two styles and multiple fibres in this comprehensive course
Learn the fun and versatile random weaving basketry technique!
In this course you will learn two styles of random weave with multiple types of fibres:
Technique 1: Random weaving softer material with non organic and organic fibre such a long leafy plants, string or raffia
Technique 2: Harder fibre with foraged and non foraged material such as vines and cane.
Not only will you learn two techniques, in this comprehensive course I teach you how to weave two different fibres for each technique.
I find that I use both techniques and interchange the types of fibres equally so I wanted to share it all with you so you can too!
I adore the technique of random weave. If you have seen any of my sculptures, you will know most of them are based on random weave. It’s such a versatile technique that allows you to make stunning baskets and sculptural forms.
It’s a basketry technique that once you’ve learnt the fundamentals, you can unleash your creativity and apply it to so many materials and forms to create a range of beautiful baskets and sculptures.
It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish. And you get lifetime access.
You may be wondering:
- What exactly is random weave? (I’ll tell you all about it)
- Can I do it even if I don’t have any creativity (yes you can!)
- I don’t know what materials to use (oh so many, but I will tell you exactly what to get)
By the end of this course, not only will have a couple gorgeous baskets, but you will be a confident in this basketry technique.
You’ll learn what materials to use, how to prepare them, how to start the baskets in both styles, how to create the shape and how to attach handles.
This course is for you if:
- You want to learn how the learn the ancient basketry technique of random weaving, but don’t know where to start.
- You don’t have any experience in basketry at all! Even if you do, there is so much to learn.
- You’re looking for a fun, relaxing creative outlet, and an enjoyable way to spend your downtime.
Learning at your own pace, this practical course is suitable for beginners and intermediate weavers, and you will end finished baskets or sculptures and confidence to do more!